Suppose you are using iPhone iCloud as iPhone or iPad user and now you want to move to Android and give iOS devices a break, then there is possibility for you to be contemplating on what to do with your iCloud email and how to login to iCloud on Android so that you can transfer all your iCloud files (contacts, Calendar, settings, etc. ) on iPhone to your new Android phone.
Meanwhile, using Android phone means that you need Google email account popularly called Gmail. But now, you want to use iPhone iCloud on your Android phone then you need your iCloud email account to login on Gmail otherwise, you will have to use Gmail account to sync your iPhone files to your Android since you are not interested in iCloud alternatives for a replacement on your new Android phone.
However, the good news is that it is easy to login to iCloud on Android phone to keep your iCloud email address active while you ditch iPhone for Android phone. Needless say that you have limited assignment to perform to start using iCloud account on Google Android phone.
And the purpose of this post is to reveal to you everything you need to know and do on your Android phone so that you can login to your iCloud account as an Android phone user without registering for another Apple ID account using the same old iCloud Email.
How to Login to iCloud on Android Phone
By default you have Gmail app up and running on your Android phone that enables you to use anything that has to do with Google account such as Play store, also there is another option for ’email’ under the same account option on your Android phone. It’s however, this Email feature on your account that with a simple tutorial that will let you add your iCloud email address to your Android phone to start accessing your iCloud on your new Android phone.
That sounds great right? Well, below is what you are required to do to start enjoying iCloud on your Android phone on the go.
It worth to note that this information follow suit on all devices and the procedure remain the same from phone to phone since we need to set up your iCloud account using IMAP and SMTP on your Android phone.
How to Login to iCloud on Android Using iCloud Email
Below are show the picture of how to login to the iCloud account on Android and start using the same iCloud email on your Android phone again.
1. Launch your Android phone settings either from apps menu or by swiping down to reveal your device notification and click on settings gear icon the top right of your device screen.
2. Click on the account. The location of account varies from phone to phone. In case of my own Android phone account is found under personal option.
3. Click on “Add account” on the screen that populates
4. There are two options you can tap to add your iCloud email. But in most cases, it’s only one option that normally available on most high-end Android phone. If the ‘Email’ option is available, kindly tap it else click on ‘Personal (IMAP) which is above Gmail personal IMAP. However, tapping Gmail option with loading your iCloud account automatically and configure your iCloud on your Android phone correctly. And that is for the case of those that use their phone associated Gmail account as iCloud email.
5. When you choose email option you will be asked to enter your iCloud email account. Just add enter it and click on next button to proceed. Or click on manual settings (If you choose this option kindly jump to step 7)
6. Enter your iCloud password on the next page and click on next after which you server settings will be validated.
Note: If you have forgotten your iCloud login password you can reset it here
7. Now, validation will bounce back and you will be prompt to edit your iCloud details. Then enter the following accordingly into the settings and click on next.
- Incoming mail server:
- Server name: imap.mail.me.com
- SSL required: Yes
- Port: 993
- Outgoing mail server:
- Server name: smtp.mail.me.com
- SSL Required: Yes
- Port: 587
- SMTP Authentication Required: Yes
There is a possibility for you to encounter server error or error 505 in the SSL/TLS certificate require a section in either of your iCloud servers but just retry again the error will be removed and you will be able to login to iCloud on an Android phone of your choice.
The procedure above seems a little bit strenuousness unlike using iCloud Email on iPhone but with this, you can easily migrate all your files on your iPhone to Android via iCloud email transfer from iPhone to Android.
Were you able to login to iCloud on Android using the tutorial or are you encountering any difficulty? Please leave any error encounter and difficulties in the comment section.