Are you thinking whether it’s possible to download Facebook videos in HD format without the help of Android apps or software programs for computers? Did you see a private video on Facebook that you would love to download and save a copy directly to your device storage without using a third-party app or software like SaveFrom or TubeMate as in the case of YouTube?
The TubeMate and SaveFrom are my favorite app and software to download Facebook and YouTube videos in HD and SD quality. TubeMate offers a handily made procedure to search for YouTube videos and download it on mobile. While SaveFrom supports both YouTube and Facebook video download with copy and paste procedure.
The two ways to download videos online are best for me you too can try it out. However, here this post today, I will share with you explicitly how to download Facebook videos in HD without using apps or software.
What I Need to Download Facebook Videos in HD
Technically, there are some Google Chrome plugins to grab Facebook videos directly from Facebook but these extensions only download videos from Facebook with the exact format the video is uploaded. With that, an SD video cannot be downloaded as an HD video. For that reason, we choose to come up with a new technical method to download all videos as HD quality without altering the video.
Before we start, below are what you need to download videos on Facebook in HD quality
1. Two browsers or One browser and the second tab in Incognito mode
2. Video must not be private else you will not be able to download it as HD
The information above is crucial otherwise you will not be able to grab a copy of a Facebook video as HD
How to Download Facebook Videos in HD
Previously on this blog, we shared how to see old videos you’ve watched you can see that in “How to see previously watched videos on Facebook“. You may want to check it in case you have some of the old videos you have watched in the past and will love to download as HD to your computer.
1. Log into your Facebook account on Chrome browser and search for the video you want to download in HD format and make sure the video is a public video else this method won’t work.
Revision: Read how to see recently watched videos on Facebook
2. Right-click on the public video and click on “Show video URL” from the pop-up video information.
3. Select copy to copy the video URL once revealed
4. Log out of your Facebook account on Chrome browser or open a new browser such as Firefox and open a new tab in private mode on Firefox or incognito mode in Chrome. Paste the Facebook video URL and click on the enter button on your computer’s keyboard.
5. You will be asked to log into your Facebook account to watch the video and see more videos from the uploader. Click on “Not Now” to proceed.
6. Right-click on the Facebook video in the incognito mode and click on “view page source”
7. After the video source codes have opened, press “CTRL + F” and search for “hd_src” which can either be typed or copied and paste into the search column and click on the enter button.
8 High the link in front of “hd_src” go beyond the end of the video extension that is “.mp4” till the second quote and selects “Go to” on Chrome browser or open in a new tab in Mozilla.
Note: Only copy the links between the two quotes
9. Right-click on the playing Facebook video and select “save video as” or press “CTRL + S”
10. Give your video a name and select storage path after which you need to click save to start downloading the video in HD.
As simple as that s, you can download all Facebook videos in HD quality without using apps or software programs for computers. Meanwhile, this approach cannot be used to download Facebook videos that are made private.