To Backup LG G3 and LG G4 follow these procedures to the end. The entire process covers how to backup LG and restore LG Backup within minutes.
Backup is very important so that when you need a copy of all your files or some selected part of your files you can easily find it where you saved it. For smartphone users, there are a lot of online storages where you can back up your phone. You can do a backup of your phone on Gmail, Google drive, LG cloud, and many more.
For devices like LG G3 and LG 4G, you can simply backup your LG phone to LG cloud server and restore it at any time. LG cloud back up storage server is free and it takes a moment to back up all your LG information on the cloud.
Meanwhile, if you don’t want to back up your phone such as LG G3 and LG G4 into the LG cloud, you can simply use some basic backup apps for Android phones to back up your phone.
Whether you use LG backup feature on the phone to back up your phone or other means, what is most important is to backup your LG smartphone so that you can easily restore the backup files if you formatted your phone or when your phone gets lost.
However, here in this article, we’d take a look at the simplest way you can follow to do a complete backup on your LG G3 and LG G4 to LG cloud server and restore it either a new LG device or an old LG device.
How to Backup LG G3 and LG G4
Here is how to do a complete LG G3 and LG G4 phone backup to LG cloud server for free.
- Go to your LG G3 or LG G4 settings and tap on backup & restore option
- In the backup & restore interface, tick to make sure “Back up my data” and “Automatic restore” are to enable.
- Still on the same interface tap on LG Backup > Back up & restore > Back up data
- You will be prompt to select the account you wish to backup your LG G3 or G4 information to before the backup process will start. Since you are using an LG smartphone, you can simply choose LG cloud, in fact, LG cloud is recommended for LG users to back up their LG device without a PC.
- Now, sign into your LG cloud account and tap on start to the bottom right to start backing up your LG device.
Once the back up is completed you can now proceed to back up your LG contacts list.
Backup LG Contacts List
Here is how to quickly back up your contacts list on your LG phones. You can use these procedures to back your LG G3 and LG G4 contacts list.
- Go to your LG phone contacts >> Menu options >> Manage contacts
- In manage contacts interface you will see different options such as Back up your contacts to SIM/Internal Storage or to Copy them to your Google account or import contact from storage, then choose Back up your contacts to SIM/Internal Storage or to Copy them to your Google account.
- Wait for a couple of minutes to complete your backup. Once the back up is completed you will see a successful message that your contacts backup is completed.
Factory Reset LG G3 and LG G4
If you have successfully set your LG backup settings to automatic backup you shouldn’t have a problem doing a factory reset of your phone.
For that, here now is how to do a factory reset on your LG device, most importantly, LG G3 and LG G4.
- Go to Settings >> Backup & Restore
- Scroll down the backup & restore interface and tap Factory data reset
- Accept the popup warning and click on OK
Note that this will wipe off all your phone information including all your phone songs, videos, WhatsApp messages, WeChat, apps, contacts stored on phone, and all other information you have on your phone.
Therefore, before you do a factory restore of your phone make sure you first do a backup.
How to Restore LG Backup
This is the next thing to do when you do a factory reset of your LG phone. However, here is how to restore a backup file on your LG.
- Go to Phone Settings >> Backup and Restore
- On the interface select “import contact from storage”
- Select your backup source and import the backup file
- Wait for a couple of minutes to complete the backup process
Once the back up is completed you will have your LG smartphone data back as it were when before your formatted or reset it to factory settings.