WhatsApp status download trick that is still working in 2018. I don’t know why WhatsApp has not rolled out a feature to download WhatsApp status without using tricks. In the past years, WhatsApp has rolled out a lot of features to make the app the best instant chatting app in the mobile world.
The absence of feature to download friends status has drastically drawn back the app subscribers and most users now prefer to use the modified version of the app called “GB WhatsApp” because of the feature to save status without permission.
Those that using GBWhatsApp flex with this feature. They can save their friends WhatsApp status without asking them to send it to them. While in case of the official WhatsApp app, the only way to save status on WhatsApp is using tricks or a third-party app.
However, after a long research, I have found three different ways to download WhatsApp status straight to your phone gallery.
WhatsApp Status Download Using Explorer
To download WhatsApp status on Android phones using explorer:
1. Install “Android ES File Explorer” from Google Play Store
2. Open WhatsApp and view the status (Photos or videos) you want to download
3. Launch “Explorer app“ and click on the three horizontal line
4. Enable “show hidden files”
5. Scroll back and click on “Local” and select “Internal Storage”
6. Scroll down and click on “WhatsApp”
7. Click on “Media”
8. Click on the fainted “.Statuses”
9. All recently viewed WhatsApp statuses are stored in the .Statuses folder.
When you want to save WhatsApp status using ES file explorer it is mandatory to show hidden files otherwise you will not be able to access the “.Statuses” folder whether the viewed WhatsApp statuses are kept.
WhatsApp Status Download with WhatsApp Status Downloader
If the method of using EX file explorer to download WhatsApp statuses is too complicated for you here is a simple trick to download WhatsApp photos and videos status using WhatsApp status downloader on Android phones.
To download WhatsApp status using WhatsApp status downloader for Android phones:
1. Install WhatsApp statuses downloader from Google Play Store
2. Launch your WhatsApp app and view the statuses you want to download to your phone gallery
3. Launch the WhatsApp statuses downloader app
4. Click on “Download” on the viewed status you want to download to your phone storage to save a copy of it.
Simplicity is everything. With the WhatsApp statuses downloader app for Android phones, you can view and download all your friends status without their permission. Meanwhile, the downside of the app is that it increases your phone caches. Here is how to delete your phone caches
WhatsApp Status Download Using GBWhatsApp
GBWhatsApp is an APK WhatsApp app with tons of features and beat the official WhatsApp. If you have not used an APK WhatsApp before, you are definitely missing out a lot of cool WhatsApp features which you cannot see in the official app. If you have issues installing APK WhatsApp, here is a complete guide on how to download and install WhatsApp APK file for and Android.
Please leave a comment below if you have difficulties downloading WhatsApp status using any of the tricks above.
WhatsApp Status Download Using MxPlayer
MxPlayer is an Android music and video player which automatically save viewed WhatsApp status on your phone. MxPlayer creates a hidden folder called “.Statuses” and save all view WhatsApp status in the folder.
The MxPlayer player saves times and space on your Android phone rather than using WhatsApp status downloader or a third-party apps to download WhatsApp status on your phone, the music and MP4 player is a better alternative.
To download WhatsApp status on Android using MxPlayer:
1. Install MxPlayeron your Android phone
2. Open WhatsApp and view the status you want to download
3. Open MxPlayer and click the three dot to the upper right and select “Settings”
4. Select “List” under settings
5. Scroll and tick “Show Hidden Files and Folders”
6. Go back to Mx Player homepage and click on the “Refresh button”
7. Click on “.Statuses” to access all viewed WhatsApp status on your phone
After you have see the video or photo you want to download just repeat the same process to hide view WhatsApp status on your phone.
WhatsApp Status Download Using File Manager
All Android phones have an inbuilt file manager to manage the phone storage without using external app file File Explorer. The file manager also serve as a tool to download viewed WhatsApp status without app on Android phones. This technique is trusted and tested.
Here is WhatsApp status download procedure using your Android File Manager
1. Go to your phone app menu and click on “File Manager
2. Click on “All Files”
3. Select “Internal Storage”
4. Select “WhatsApp”
5. Click on the three dots and select “Show Hidden Files”
6. Click on “Media”
7. Click on “.Statuses” to show all friends statuses you have viewed.
With file manager app you can view all viewed WhatsApp status.