Grammarly is an auto-correct plugin for browsers and for Microsoft words. Grammarly is simply a spelling checker [online & offline]. It also helps to re-construct Grammars when a grammatical mistake is committed. Here we will talk on how to install Grammarly for word [Microsoft & Outlook], so be prepared.
The function is automatic. Once you install Grammarly plugin either on your browser or Microsoft word it’ll highlight presumed mistakes and prompts you to either use another word such as another adjective or verb for qualifying what you mean or update it with Grammarly suggestion.
Grammarly for word is one of the best features of Grammarly, English auto-correct tool. The function of the tool is simple but vital.
If you are having a hard time writing simple and correct English or with your spelling-bee you should consider using “Grammarly for word” or for your browser.
Likewise, if your input is correct you can simply ask Grammarly to ignore. But often than necessary, I found out that Grammarly is 98% correct. While you wouldn’t want to argue it is that Grammarly gives suggestions on the likely statement or verb or adjective etc. that fit into your statement.
Grammarly has free and premium access. However, here in this post, you will get to know how to add Grammarly to Microsoft words office. For Mac user, the procedure is the same. So you can use this tutorial for installing Grammarly to Mac computer.
Criteria to Install Grammarly for Word
Before you can install Grammarly on either your computer or Mac, your device must meet certain criteria which include the following.
- Windows 7
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Parallels (Windows OS on a Mac computer)
Supported versions of Office: Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016.
If these criteria are met already by your computer, you should follow the procedure below to install Grammarly for your Microsoft word.
1. Fire a new tap on either your computer or smartphone with an internet connection and visit http://www.grammarly.com/ and create an account if you are new to Grammarly.
2 After you have successfully created your Grammarly account, then log in and visit “Grammarly Add-in” page or download Grammarly add-in directly from here. Install the exe file you download from Grammarly page by hitting the run button or run as administrator.
Note: You can also click on install now from your Grammarly account when you logged in for the first time or via the app section of your account.
3. You will be welcomed with Grammarly get started page. Click get started button to start installing Grammarly for word.
5. A new option will pop up. Select both options that say Grammarly for word and Grammarly for outlook and then click on Install button.
6. Grammarly takes few seconds to install once you initiated the process about. However, once you started installing Grammarly you should see the progress indicator as shown below.
7. You may choose to log in to your Grammarly account or click on skip option. Once you have successfully installed the Grammarly add-in click on finish button.
How to Enable Grammarly For Word
Once you have successfully installed Grammarly add-in for Microsoft following the procedure above, then you need to enable the plugin to use it with your Word document processor.
To enable the plugin it is compulsory that you should login to your Grammarly account. Otherwise, you will be put behind the bar from using the awesome tool.
1. Fire up Microsoft office and click on open Grammarly to the upper right of your WordPress document page
2. Login to your Grammarly account using your username [Email] and password and click on log in. At the same time, if you skip the registration process from above you can simply log in to your Grammarly account using Facebook or Google account.
That is it. Your Grammarly for Word will start working and it’ll bring the suggestion for whenever there is a mistake in your article.
How long have you been using Grammarly? Please share your thought about Grammarly auto correction for online checker and for offline checkers such as for word and outlook.