Gmail account is one out of tens of services to enjoy from Google but we are not going to talk of Google search as the biggest goon. If you have a valid Gmail account, you may consider using Google plus, Google webmaster tool as a blogger, Google analytics, YouTube to make money, Google hangout for video chat, Google AdSense, Google Admob, Google map, blogger blogspot, play-store for Android users to mention a few. However, you need to create Gmail account to be able to use all these services.
Meanwhile you don’t need to create a separate account for each service, rather you only need one account login password to access the entire service. Once you have successfully created a valid Gmail account either for business or personal use, you only need to provide the email login or sign in password and username at the point of need.
Take for instance, just the way you login to your Facebook account using your Facebook account username and password, so also you will need your Gmail account username and password to access your Gmail account from any device; whether on Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Linus etc.
If you have never created a gmail account before then you are reading the exact match topic or post per say you need to read to master the acting of opening a successful gmail account within few minutes.
Here in this post today, I’ll share with you the exact procedure you can follow to open a gmail account in just minutes, verify your gmail account, sign out your gmail account for the first time, and everything you need to create a gmail account
What do I Need to Create Gmail Account
Just like I used to say. I will still repeat the same statement here in this post, You don’t need to be a rocket science or first class student to open a gmail account and to operate a valid gmail account. What you need is as simple as you could ever imagined.
If you are ready now to open a valid gmail account get the following ready. And in the next headlines we’d teach you the exact steps you need to follow to create a Gmail account for the first time.
1. Computer or smartphone with internet access
2. Username and password
3. Gmail account create URl (we will provide that in this post)
4. Pen and paper to write down your username and password.
5. Valid phone number
6. Your hands to type on your chosen device.
7. Browser such as Google Chrome, Opera mini, Firefox, Safari, Epic browser, Internet explorer etc.
Can I Use Any Username And Password When I Want to Create Gmail Account?
This question really disturb many Gmail users. Most importantly, when it comes to choosing a username, people find it very difficult most especially when there presumed username has been taken by another users. Although, Google do suggest a new username at the point of gmail account creation which may be different from your the one you wanted to use. However, if you have difficulties in picking the right username for your gmail account you may find the following suggestion helpful.
1. Use your nickname, it’s acceptable
2. You can use your surname or first name, it’s acceptable
3. You can also use your initial and first name (e.g Awright). A is my initial and wright is my name
4. You can use your business brand name if you are opening the gmail account for business purpose
5. Use what you can easily remember like your pet name
6. Make your gmail username fun and easily to remember
There is no rule guiding the name you use as your gmail account username but you may want to restrict it to a more reasonable one in case you want to use it for important assignment in the future.
In the next headline we’d talk on how to choose the best password combination for your gmail account so to protect it from hackers.
How to Choose Password Before You Create Gmail Account
Your gmail account password can be anything but it must be what you can easily remember, difficult for intruder to guess and in conform with Google rules. It’s advisable that your gmail password should be a combination of letters, numbers, punctuation etc.
But to safe you from racking your brain all in the name of choosing a password you may want to follow the suggestion below.
1. Use password generator to generate a strong password for your gmail account (see passwordgenerator)
2. Use combination of alphabets, digits and punctuation
3. Use at least 8 words combined
4. Always use what you can remember as your password
Never Use the Following When You Create Gmail Account
Although you can use whatever you like as your gmail password but in as much as you wouldn’t want to loss your account to hackers, you should always take cognizance of the following and never use them as password to your gmail account.
1. Never use your birthday date (Can easily be guessed)
2. Never use words alone
3. Don’t use short words like Pastor, mommy, friendship etc if at all you want to use words alone.
4. Don’t use your name or girlfriend’s name as your password
There are still more to mention but to mention but a few, avoid using these as your gmail account password else you may loose the account to intruder or have multiple user operating the same account due to carelessness or negligence.
How to Create Gmail Account for the First Time
At this point, you should have everything you need to create the gmail account now. And not only that, you should be able to identify what you need to open your own gmail account now.
The following depict the exact match steps I following to open my new gmail account and verify it within few minutes, which you too can follow to do same and create account with gmail.
1. Visit this Google account creation page either on smartphone or PC to access Gmail sign up page
- Enter your real surname and first name
- Choose a username following the guide provided above
- Choose a username that cannot be easily guessed
- Choose your gender
- Valid phone number (It must be in your working phone for verification)
- Choose your current location
2. After you have chosen the appropriate details above accept Google gmail account terms and condition
3. Your browser will load the page and you will be taken to gmail account verification page. Now, from the drop menu select your means of verification. Preferably, go for call if you have not used the number to create gmail account for multiple of times and click on continue button. Google will put a call through to you via the mobile number you entered to dictate your account digits verification codes.
4. Google will take you to your gmail account homepage for the first loading standard interface. But for low bandwidth or weak internet connection, consider load basic html for fast connection and loading.
To continue using basic html next time you logged into your Gmail account using your gmail username and password you created above, Set basic HTML as default view.
Congratulations you have successfully create your first gmail account. This should take you less than 5 minutes is followed correctly.
How to Send Email for the First Time With You Gmail Account
The purpose while you create your gmail account will be for you to either receive or send message to your friends, from companies, receive notifications from social media such as Facebook and the like. Meanwhile, you need to always keep your gmail account password and username intact whenever you want to login to your account. However, here is the simple process you need to follow to send your first email message using the gmail account you created.
1. Visit gmail account login page and login with your password and username previously created
2. To the left page of your gmail account once logged in, click on compose above inbox
3. Enter the recipient gmail into the row that say ‘To’, if you want to copy yourself enter your gmail account into ‘cc’ section, enter the purpose of the email into ‘subject section’ (Make sure it doesn’t look spammy else it will end up in junk box), compose you message into the last box, attach files or images if need be and click on the send button or draft to send later.
Congratulations you have send your first gmail email message. If you don’t know who to send your first email account to you can send to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “create Gmail account” and I will reply to confirm you have successfully opened a gmail account account.